Aim of the Course:
To provide broad understanding of the impact of climate change to the food production systems (food security) and identify the smart solutions to face those challenges. The course further aims to help decision makers at a number of levels to understand the different options that are available for planning, policies and investments and the practices that are suitable for making different agricultural sectors, landscapes and food systems more climate-smart.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
After completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define the key terms related to climate smart agriculture.
- Explain the key concepts related to climate smart agriculture.
- Analyse the challenges to food production as of climate change.
- Analyze the impacts of climate variability and change on agricultural systems
- Identify and describe the role of institutions (local and international) related to climate smart agriculture.
- Develop and critically assess adaptation and mitigation measures related to different agricultural systems
- Integrate adaptation and mitigation measures into different climate smart agricultural systems.