Aim of the Course: To provide knowledge and skills on livestock production and livestock product processing Intended Learning Outcomes: After completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the present status, constraints and potential of livestock production in Sri Lanka.
- Identify and describe different breeds and species of livestock used in meat and dairy production.
- Discuss the importance of housing for livestock, feeding, breeding management and other important management practices.
- Describe the quality parameters, preservation methods and microbiological aspects of different livestock products.
- Explain the nutritional composition of meat and dairy products.
- Discuss the importance of integration of livestock in farming systems.
- Practice the knowledge gained to prevent and control of livestock diseases